Wednesday 31 July 2013

The last stretch.....(& some clean eating)

I hope you all enjoyed the 2 recipes in my last post?! I love the peppermint ice cream. I actually add peppermint extract to my vanilla protein shake when I want a change and its absolutely fabulous. You can buy clean food flavourings in the health store if you want to keep all your recipes clean too!
Im sure there are a few of you wondering what clean eating is....it seems to be the new buzz on the street. Well clean eating means eating natural, non processed, organic (if possible), fresh foods. So you have your fresh organic vegetables that haven't been tampered with or genetically modified. We have natural nut butters which contain nothing but ground nuts. Meats, chicken and fish should be bought fresh and organic (if possible). Organic cheese and yogurts are everywhere now days, Glenisk® are great. Avoid foods that are processed and refined...like white flour, sugar, bread and pasta. Read the label! Clean foods contain only 1 or 2 ingredients, anything more is human made. If you can, buy organic. Prepare your meal fresh and eat 5-6 times a day. 3 meals and 2-3 snacks. Include lean meat, fresh fruit or vegetables and a complex carbohydrate with each meal. This will keep your body energized and burning calories.
Its alot to remember but with clean eating, practice makes perfect!

Iv been keeping to my shredding plan. I can see iv lost weight but iv also gained a lot of muscle. Id a busy last few days so I actually haven't weighed myself in a week. I plan to go to Weight Watchers® tomorrow evening so we shall see what the scales and my wonderful leader have to say.

People ask how I stay so lean and keep a flat stomach, well the truth is consistancy. If I miss a day of exercise I always try to make it up in some way. Even if its an extra walk, clean the house non stop for an hour, a couple of ab curls or stretches before bed. It all adds up. I must say though, since I increased my weight training at the start of the year everything has tightened up. My stomach is tighter than ever and the backs of my arms have really improved. I seem to be comfortable with showing a little more flesh and I definitely put it down to weight training.

Iv seen such a great improvement in my personal training and class clients too. From the new to the old, every one is getting results which is great. Some come to me hating cardio or with improper technique when doing stomach work or weak  upper body strength or despising burpees! I have pre natal and post natal ladies, ladies with me only a few weeks and ladies with me a few years. I think all can say with some hard work (we have laughs too) and consistancy, we all get positive results.

Iv been trying to shake things up the last 2 weeks by making each class routine different but working the same muscles. We have been doing some Russian twists, Chinese sit ups and bananas to name a few. Its been fun.

Myself and my parter got our wedding rings this weekend. I went for a 2mm 18ct white gold ring. Its really lovely. And he went for a 6mm Paladium ring, I must say he looks good with a ring on ;-).
Our car is booked for driving Route 66 and travel insurance is paid for. Only 4 weeks to go, the last stretch!!! Im so excited I could burst.
We got our very first wedding present this weekend too. Off my aunt and uncle, it was so lovely of them. Again, EXCITED!!!!

I know I said in my post last Tuesday that I would fill you in 'later' on what happened with the dentist. Well after a week of antibiotics, the saga continues! Its ridiculous. I have an appointment for tomorrow to get it pulled for definite (I hope) so I shall keep you all posted ;-).

Until then, wish me luck and stay clean x

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited about seeing you after reading these blogs! Fingers crossed you're nearly the nine.pounds down, I'll alert the scales to behave xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please god. Il be happy to be half way there though x

    ReplyDelete