Thursday 4 July 2013

You cant beat your diet!

Another week over. I always here people saying 'where does the time go' but its true. Seems like I blink and another year has passed. This time last year I was pregnant and this time 7 years ago I joined weight watchers. God only knows where I will be this time next year, hopefully still slim and happily married though.

Yesterday was treat day......I love it and hate it at the same time. Wouldnt it be great if all the food we loved had zero calories and zero fat! So I weighed myself in the am and I weighed 9 stone 7lbs. Yay you say but sure hadnt I put it back on by the pm. My treat day is my day off from clean eating and exercise. Thats not to say I become totally sedentary for the day. No we went to the Zoo yesterday so got a good 3 hours walking done.

I like to bake at the weekends. I think im quiet good at it if I do say so myself. Because I eat what I like on treat day, I can enjoy what I bake. So on Friday night I made Banoffee muffins for us all to have for breakfast on Saturday. They were amazing! And before we went to the Zoo I managed to make my Oreo cheesecake. It was set and fabulous by the time we came home. I reckon it was about a million Weight Watchers pro points but soooo worth it! I snacked on sour sweets and toffee throughout the day and for dinner we ate out. Im telling you all this so you see if you work hard during the week you can let go and enjoy your weekends :). Its not the end of the world if you enjoy it.

Woke up this morning feeling exhausted and hungover. The sugar rush from treat day every weekend does that to me. I feel so sluggish and it takes a while for me to get back into the swing of things. The woman across the road stopped me on my way back from my walk this morning. She said 'sure you like to walk dont you? Theres not a pick on you though!'......I know it was a complement but that statement always makes me uncomfortable. So I dont say thank you, I just smile and wait for the moment to pass. You see I think its because I still see myself as being overweight. In my head I am still bigger than other girls. Its only when I see my reflection in a mirror or window usually when im standing beside someone, that I see how thin I really am. Strange isnt it. 5 years on and im still not used to being thin.

Thinking about the wedding has me worn out. I didnt realise that even though we are getting married abroad there is still so much to organise. Like what colour nail varnish should I wear? How should I wear my hair and make up? Where will I get a good spray tan to cover my stretch marks ( yep thats a pain ).....all comments welcome on that one! And would my husband to be ever get a move on and pick his suit?!

I dont know, if its not one thing its another. The baby is not sleeping with the heat, hes teething, I still have my toothache and im not sleeping. Suppose if I didnt moan I wouldnt be Irish.

Haha on the plus side at least I dont work for Anglo!x

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm where was i when you made Oreo Cheesecake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some Oreo cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really amazing. I use a simple no bake recipe x

    ReplyDelete