Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sun....in Ireland?!

Sunny for the last 4 days in Dublin. And I mean proper sun with proper heat not like the 14 and 15 degrees (°) we had been getting. The news said its 22° today in Dublin, my car thermometer said 27°.......a bit optimistic I think. In saying that though it felt like 27° to me. Thats one of the downfalls to weight lifting. I sweat fiercely in hot weather and have to be sure to stay hydrated.

Iv taken a week off weight lifting to give my body a break. So in its place ive been doing high intensity iterval training. It gets the heart racing and improves cardio fitness quicker then running laps around a park. Im not a big fan of running either so this sort of training suits me to a tea.

Speaking of tea......It was way to warm to drink my hot green tea at lunch time today so I stuck it in the fridge and drank it cold with my dinner. It was actually quiet refreshing and I know it also helps with digestion. Cant go wrong :-).

Had a lovely 100% crunchy peanut butter (picture below) and chia bread sandwich for lunch. The  good stuff from the health food store. Nice to mix it up now and again. If your worried about saturated fat.....I would highly recommend their 100% almond butter mmmm. You can even use this instead of real butter. I like to use almond flour sometimes when im baking instead of  plain or self raising flour. Its yummy and packed with protein and good fats. Like I said....cant go wrong :-).

Pilates day today too. The baby was so good, he actually let me do a whole hour of pilates without interrupting. Didnt know myself!  I love uninterrupted pilates, it allows me to really focus and hone in on sculpting my muscles. Its very relaxing too. Great for destressing! And did you know that stomach or abdomen fat has been shown to be a major result of stress!!!

Not much happening on the wedding front this week. I got a lovely dress from Missguided (online ;-) ) for Vegas the night before the wedding. Its gorgeous and great value at €35. Their stuff is such great quality. Id highly recommend them too. I need to stop shopping though but its so addictive after loosing so much weight uno.

Any way enjoy the weather and dont forget the sunscreen x

2 comments:

  1. I've eaten that almond butter before, it's utterly delicious, is your first pound down yet? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep i sure have. Im 9stone 6lbs now. Its coming off slowly but surely. Have to be careful with the muscle building too. Hoping to make a meeting this week or next x

    ReplyDelete