Tuesday 30 July 2013

Do I enjoy it?

At last the pain in my head (from my wisdom tooth being pulled) has subsided so I can finally think straight. Just under a week I was feeling the after effects of the dentist for! I tell you I will think twice before I put sugar in my mouth again or 'accidently' forget to brush twice a day. Il never be too tired to floss again!!! Glad its all over though :-D.

So this is something I get asked alot or people pass comment on. Do I enjoy exercising so much and do I ever get a day off from my healthy/clean eating diet? The answer to both is a big YES. I can honestly say I love exercising and pushing myself to new limits. Because I was so over weight and unfit (in my past life haha) I get really excited when I see what my new body can do. I like to try new exercises, new routines, lift a heavier weight or walk somewhere new. I get bored very easily so Iv learnt how to keep my exercise routine interesting. The gym is great but a bit too monotonous for me, the treadmill is soooo boring, so I tend to stick to the weights area or try out different classes if im there. Not that I got to the gym much anymore though. Iv built up a nice little home gym for myself and the 'hubby' that pretty much fulfills our requirements and I can listen to my own music, not the rubbish some gyms have on. Plus nature is the best gym, the sound and picture always changes and its free. As far as my healthy/clean diet goes.....yes I love eating clean good food. Knowing im putting good high grade food into my body is satisfying. I try new foods and recipes when I can. It shows on the outside too. I still get embarassed when I get complemented but I am always getting told my hair looks healthy or my skin is very clear. My nails are strong and my figure speaks for itself. So many perks to a clean diet!

Its true you do need to be disciplined and I cant lie, it is hard. Thats why like many others, I give myself 1 treat/cheat day per week. During this day I eat what ever I fancy with no limits, no calorie or saturated fat counting at all. I take it easy with my exercise on that day too. Its my day of rest. And no matter how much chocolate or pizza I may eat I try to not beat myself up over it. It can all be undone and this 1 treat day helps me get through the other 6 days of being diciplined.

I am just like everyone else. Im not superwoman, I am just afraid of getting fat again! Even though I teach, train and walk a lot, I get tired too. There are days I dred going to class or to do a sweaty workout or walk another lap of Tymon park. But I make myself do it and after that class or workout I feel totally motivated and refreshed. I never regret it. So the next time you try to make up and excuse to not go for that walk or do that workout, please remember who you are doing it for and why. It will all be worth it in the end ;-).

Seens as the last few recipes got a good response, here is another one I like to make every now and then. Lean and clean. Simples!

Pesto and sundried tomato stuffed chicken. (less than 240 calories per serving)

4 skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp of your favourite pesto (shared equally between each breast)
Sundried tomatoes
1/2 lemon

Slice chicken breasts in half and spread pesto along the inside.
Stuff as many sundried tomatoes as you like into the middle.
Next squeeze lemon juice over the chicken.
Fold the chicken over the pesto. Grate 1 tsp of lemon rind over the chicken.
Bake in the oven for approx 25 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
Simples!

As far as the wedding plans go, its exactly 3 weeks tomorrow. Tour America® were kind enough to send out my itenery again. So much for being enviromentally friendly. Boots® seem to be making a small fortune out of me. My packing seems to have hit a wall. But other wise all is still going to plan.

Started writing another list for my mam on what my baby likes and his routines (shes minding the boys while we elope). She may have rared 4 children herself but my way of doing things is very different uno. Maybe if all fails with the fitness I could start up a list making company. Not a bad idea.

Below is a picture of my wedding shoes too. A few of you had asked to see them :-). Let me know what you think of the chicken! Chat soon. Remember stay motivated, clean and classy x

No comments:

Post a Comment