Tuesday 30 July 2013

There is a lesson to be learnt here....

Evening all! I got my wisdom tooth out at last. Oh god it was horrible. I was numbed up to my eyes (literally) and as I squeezed the arms of the dentist chair, the tooth of death was pulled! My nerves were seriously shot but its over now. Hallelujah....what an ordeal. At least now I am pain free and can really start looking forward to the wedding. Plus I got a great night sleep last night :-).

I met a client on my way into Weight Watchers® yesterday evening. She had just got weighed and her weight was up. But hold on....her clothes were looser and she felt slimmer? So what was this? There is a very simple answer and my own weigh in results back this up. MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!!!

I got weighed and had only lost 1/2 a pound. Yet I am definitely thinner. When I started this blog I weighed 9st 9lbs. 2 weeks in and I was 9st 7lbs. Then 2 weeks later I went down to 9st 4lbs.  Now I am back up. So whats going on? Well lets see. Iv increased the weight Im lifting, iv increased my protein shakes, iv increased my leg strength training (the legs having the biggest muscles in the body) and increased my daily protein intake. So in all I have put on approximately 6lbs of muscle over the last 6 weeks. Im definitely leaner and stronger. I look about 8st 7lbs. My clothes are hanging off me and I feel amazing!

In my clients case. I train her 2 evenings a week focusing on cardio improvement and strength work on all the bodies major muscle groups. Plus she walks and hill climbs. Combined with a healthy diet. Muscle is definitely getting built.

So the lesson to be learnt here is....that sometimes we cant always rely on the scales. A pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat. So if you have been working out hard or training alot then you may have gained muscle and lost fat. You cant be disheartened by the results on a scale! Connect with your body and notice how it feels. Watch how your clothes sit on you.

It really is a life choice. I have chose to be lean and strong. If I stop weight training and leave my muscles to waste away, the pounds will drop off me (on the scales). But I will loose my strength, tone, energy and my metabolism will slow down. My waist size probably wont shrink. So I will keep weight training but for the next 3 weeks I will increase my cardio intensity and clean up my diet. I couldnt quit now sure, could I?!

The wedding is still on haha. Just over 3 weeks now. September 3rd in a little chapel in Las Vegas. It seems iv so much to do but so little time. Il will get there. Just have to stick to my list ;-). Really hope I dont forget anything though!

I hope you find some of the information in my posts helpful. Until the next post. Stay clean and stay classy x

2 comments: